FREE SUMMER PROGRAM!
We are fortunate to have received a grant from the Bloomberg Foundation that will allow us to run our very first, free summer program for rising 1st-5th grade Promesa students!
1) Dates: June 12th to July 14th with holidays on June 19th, July 3rd, and July 4th.
2) Time: 9am - 2:30pm Daily (There will be no before or afterschool care.)
3) Transportation: We will not have transportation available for this program. Families will be responsible for picking up an dropping off their children.
4) Meals: We will provide a free breakfast and lunch daily for all students.
5) Staff: Many of our Promesa staff will be participating in this program and we may need to hire a few external staff for some roles.
6) Cost: This program (and all field trips) will be completely free to our Promesa families!
7) Grade Levels: Promesa students entering 1st-5th grades in the 2023-24 school year will be eligible to attend.
8) Seats: We have 75 seats available for this program and will select students based on a variety of factors, including their attendance in the 22-23 school year and their academic needs. If your child does not get accepted to our summer program, we are happy to support you in finding alternate options.
9) Uniforms: We will not require uniforms for the summer program.
10) Supporting Students with Special Needs: Our staff is committed to supporting all students and will review any IEPs to provide the accommodations and modifications needed for any students with special needs to feel successful during our summer program. Services such as inclusion, speech, or resource minutes are not part of our summer program and only apply to the school year or ESY services.
11) Sample Daily Schedule: Please see below for a sample Monday-Thursday and a sample Friday schedule. Mondays-Thursdays will include up to three hours of math and literacy instruction, time for recess and lunch, and an enrichment block. On Fridays, students will have a shorter math/literacy block and a field trip!